DREAM ACADEMY (Academic Component)
In line with the country’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010 (RA 10121) and in fidelity to its mandate as specified in RA 9045, Batangas State University established the Disaster Resiliency Education for Adaptation and Mitigation (DREAM) Academy.
- Professionalize the practice of disaster risk reduction management (DRRM).
- Equip DRRM managers and personnel with technical skills and competencies necessary in the effective performance of their duties.
- Serve as the repository of information and technologies on DRR-CCA for personnel, managers and researchers.
- Master in Disaster Risk Management
- Diploma in Disaster Risk Management
The graduate programs have been awarded the Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC) by the Commission on Higher Education, in accordance with the provisions of RA 7722 or the Higher Education Act of 1994 and by virtue of Resolution No. 948-2017 of the Commission en banc.
The COPC is signed by Commissioner J. Prospero E. De Vera, Chairperson of the Commission on Higher Education.
The degree Programs Master in Disaster Risk Management and Diploma in Disaster Risk Management are ladderized programs, such that completion of the diploma program entitles the students to pursue and complete the master’s program with full credit of the academic units earned for the former.
A student may, however, enroll to complete the master’s program with full credit of the academic units earned for the former. A student also have the option to enroll to complete the master’s program without obtaining the diploma. In the same manner, a student may enroll in the diploma program and opt not to pursue the master’s degree.